Follow Me!

Thursday 10 January 2013


ParaNorman was an incredible experience. Not only was I fortunate enough to work with friends and colleagues from previous shows again, but on this production Laika brought in so many new and amazingly talented individuals fresh into the industry. It's a bold move that I feel the best studios employ. It not only opens up a world of creative excitement and interest for those entering a new environment but it also expands the knowledge, outlook and creativity of those with a history within the industry.

I'm thrilled that ParaNorman has received the Oscar nomination for Best Animated Feature and in a year when so many films were put forward for consideration.  I'm not a purist when it comes to the medium, but my history in animation has been dominated by stop motion, so I'm also excited to see three of the five movies up for the award are stop motion films.

Best of luck to ParaNorman and congrats to directors Chris Butler and Sam Fell, and producers Travis Knight and Arianne Sutner.

Toots.



No comments:

Post a Comment